Case Study – Tools of the Trade
- Does the “procedure” “work”? What could be improved?
- If this could be seen as “primitive dentistry” what has “advanced” in the last 100 years?
- Consider these aspects: is the “tool” still relatively the same? How is the procedure “the same, but different” today?
- How has the profession progressed in terms of prevention and patient education?
- How much has education changed in the last 100 years?
Extension: There’s an expression, “When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” What if we switched it for education into, “when all you have is ‘teaching,’ everything looks like ‘instruction.’” What other pedagogical “tools” do educators really have?